Monday, February 21, 2011

Something to crow about...

At last! Something worth putting down in.... uh, cyberspace. My niece is the TN State Wrestling Champion in the 105lb weight class!!! She rocks! I was told she pinned the first girl in 34 seconds and the second girl in 41 seconds. Yeah, she's got superpowers.

Valentine's Day was nice. Even though Bruce and I weren't together, it was still pretty romantic. He manages to pull all this off from so many miles away, too. Roses, which are still beautiful a week later, a gift certificate for a massage, and even one more package is on it's way. He said he mailed it a week and a half ago so it's got to be here any day now.

I've started a new list of things to do. My projects this week are: Start on the passports (mine is a hassle) and go by the education center on base. Going out with Alyssa lately has been a challenge, though. I can now completely understand what my brother meant when he said he didn't take the kids out til they were about 8. Makes sense to me now. Y'see... I like to avoid drama... oh yes, it's true... I'm not real big on any loud scenes in public. I can't say the same for Alyssa, though. She's been acting like a real drama queen. She actually got the best of me the other day. To put it simply... I was defeated by a two year old. Reduced to tears. After ten hours of tantrums, fits, moods, frustrations, tears, and pouty lips I was crying on Skype to my husband that "She's just SO MEAN TO ME" sob, sob, sob. And I know in all reality this will never completely stop. Girls, by nature, give their mothers hell. Oh, and there was also the phone call to my mom that same day with more sobbing "I JUST WISH you lived here so I could JUST LEAVE her with you for a few hours" followed by more sobbing. I only admit to this defeat because I swear it'll never happen again. Mark my words. Seriously. I mean it. I'll be tougher next time. I am a smart and edu-ma-cated woman! Surely I can outsmart a two year old?

No comments:

Post a Comment