Tuesday, January 25, 2011

You probably think this blog is about you...

On a good day, of which I discovered I have had more than my fair share, I don't fall into other people's drama. Their problems are not my problems, and I can't put a cape on and rescue them, so their drama stays somewhat distant to me. Not that I'm not empathetic to a person's situation or plight, but I just can't help them other than to listen. Lately, though, I realize I have surpassed my capacity for being the "sounding board" for anyone. I've discovered that some people can really be so self-absorbed sometimes. They call me and complain on a regular basis with no regard to my feelings. I guess to give them some leeway, they might think I don't have any issues, but I don't appreciate being taken for granted. It doesn't make them "bad" people, but sometimes I need to vent, too. I have to recognize my limits, and I've drawn the line. Don't bother me, don't call me, find someone else to vent to, change your life if it's that bad 'cause no one else can do it for you, and life really IS too short, so don't waste it. I barely have the stamina to get through my own challenges right now. I can hardly resolve my anger over some things that normally would not even register with me. My situation has changed, and there's no shame in saying...... I need some space.

On a sidenote... I would rather be separated from the one I love for an entire year, than to spend every day with someone I would be miserable with. I really miss my husband. It's hard right now. I know this is just a stage, and there will be a light at the end of this long tunnel, but I'm sad. My heart is stretched.

..:: Carly Simon's "You're so vain" playing in the background::...

2 comments:

  1. So true! LOVE this post!

    ~Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this post. I'll admit I've been SOOO bad about reading all the blogs I follow. I'm gonna catch up on your's now. :)

    ReplyDelete