Monday, August 29, 2011

Spider monkey spastic

I'm spastic like a spider monkey. Taking care of all the final details before we leave for South Korea is causing me to feel crazy. I'm hurting, too. I totally overdid it yesterday. I went from taking it easy for 5 weeks (two surgeries in the last 6 weeks) to using every muscle I forgot I had. I cleaned house all day yesterday, except for the two hours that Alyssa and I went out to run some errands. That was one cool shopping trip, though. I bought $99.25 worth of items, but only paid $36. No, I didn't steal anything! I scored some Olay Definity (eye) for $5!!! It's normally $25! I also had to buy my body lotion, which is $6 (love the Ecotools for my super sensitive skin)... and I found a gift set with the full size lotion, body wash, and a loofah for..... wait for it.... you're not going to believe this..... .50 cents. Yep, that's right, a $15 gift set for .50 cents. It was basically like buying my eye cream and body lotion and getting EVERYTHING else FREE. Just about everything I had to buy in Target I found on clearance AND had coupons. It was the best savings day I've had in a while. FYI.. Target has all their E.L.F products on clearance, so get 'em while you can. I racked up some new eyeshadow palettes for cheap, cheap, cheap.

Whew... I haven't written consistently at all lately, but hopefully the next time I write an entry it will be all about what we are doing in South Korea. OK people, I've got to get busy here. I'm off to do some recycling, change the sheets on my bed, finish the laundry, pack, make some phone calls, pack some more, highlight my hair... which by the way, I colored it last night and it's so dark red that it has hints of PURPLE... lol... don't care. I'm crazy like that. My absolutely fabulous daddy is coming in tonight, too! Then I've got to pack some more, paint my toes, and whiten my teeth. OMG... seriously, I need some Valium, or maybe cocaine to get all this done. JUST KIDDING PEOPLE, just kidding.

Now that I know you're paying attention, here's my next bit of news:

We're moving to Hawaii within two months of getting back from this trip! Just crazy, I tell ya. All of this good stuff, plus a few challenges, has made the last six weeks quite stressful. When I stop to think about it I know it's all going to work out just fine, but when I'm not "thinking" about it I feel undercurrents of nervous vibrations in everything I do. **Taking deep breaths and imagining the palm trees**

Oh, and wish me luck for the 14 hour flight with a 2.5 yr old. I've stocked up on some cool little $1 toys and Bruce says there are a ton of movies for her to watch in-flight, so I'm hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment