Friday, March 30, 2012

Distraction or Bribery? Either way, someone's getting a good steak out of this.

It's FRIDAY! Yay!

We've still got a ways to go for everything to be in it's place in our new house, but it's coming along. Alyssa now has her own playroom, which means we now have an adult living room that is a toy-free-zone. Her playroom looks as if a bottle of pepto-bismol exploded in it, but I imagine any girl between the ages of 2-10 would like it.

Tomorrow I have a date with the cutest guy. We'll be going to the matinee of John Carter and then out to dinner, followed by a walk on the beach. Hmmm... what to wear? Oh... I better make a reservation somewhere, too.  I think we'll try someplace new. The food at the Chart House was disappointing last weekend. This was at least the third time my husband has ordered a steak in Hawaii, and everytime they're almost yuck. Seriously, when someone pays for a good steak, and I'm not talking about $18 at a Ruby Tuesday's, but a good cut at an expensive restaurant, one would expect the chef to know how to cook it. Maybe we'll just go somewhere with lighter fare and then make a stop by Leonard's (World Famous Malasadas, in case you're wondering).

It's a half-day for my husband, but I'll believe it when he walks in the door. He looked so handsome when he left this morning. He had some class in which he had to wear his Class A's. I took a couple of pictures, and couldn't help but laugh at his serious, stern expression.

Once he gets home, I'm out the door! I'm running up to White House Black Market to return one of the dresses I ordered online. It'll probably be an exchange for something else, even though my husband might kill me, so in order to take the focus off whatever I may (most likely) get, I'm going to swing by Home Depot and get my husband the grill he mentioned that he wanted. **wink, wink** Then he can grill up some really good steaks! Here's how it might go:

Me, walking in the door later today: "Hey, honey! Can you come help me get something out of the Jeep?" then I plant a big kiss on him.

Bruce, walks out to Jeep, sees the grill, gets excited and says "Cool! Thank you, sweetheart!"

Me, pulling the White House Black Market bag out of front seat: "No problem! You deserve it! I hope you don't mind that I exchanged that dress for ... (fill in item of clothing)"

Hopefully, he'll be so distracted/happy about the grill that he says something along the lines of "I bet that will look great on you. Mind? Heck no... you're worth it!"

I believe in positive thinking. If it doesn't go according to plan, then I'll have to resort to "Ok, you're right, sweetie... we should probably return BOTH the grill and my (fill in the blank). Who really wants to eat a good steak anyway?" Then I'm sure things will be back on track.

I'm wicked, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment