Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cats and Crocs

I opened my mailbox today to find it stuffed with all sorts of goodies. When I say stuffed, I mean stuffed! My mom sent Alyssa a beautiful little dress that has smocking on the top and an adorable Little Bo Peep and two sheep embroidered on it. I just love it! Alyssa is all about the dresses lately, and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. I imagine she'll get a lot of wear out of it in Hawaii. It makes me feel a little guilty that I don't buy more expensive dresses for her... but hey, that's one of the many reasons why grandparents are so great.

I also got my Crocs. Considering I wear a size 10, I'm sure you can see why the mailbox was stuffed with the shoes, the dress, and all the cool magazines and Christmas catalogs that came, too. But before you dare think "Oh, she's got big feet!", I'll have you know they are not "big". They are simply firm foundations. So there. Anyway, once I tried them on, I got it. I now completely understand what all the hoopla is about with this brand of shoes. They were, quite honestly, the most comfortable pair of shoes that have ever been lucky enough to envelope my firm foundations. It felt as if I was walking on the softest, air-filled, squishy pillow. They fit perfectly, too! They're not clunky, either. They're cute little silver slingbacks with a purple detail around the sole. I can't wait to wear them out.

Since we are moving to Hawaii, I checked into the regulations on taking animals. It seems they are pretty strict about this and I wish I had known sooner. Once I realized there was a 120 day waiting period from one particular shot, my heart sank. But this morning I grabbed the cat carrier, caught the cat as she unsuspectingly came around the corner, and then proceeded to try to avoid as many scratches as possible once she realized her impending captivity. When all the caterwauling was over, I only had three minor scratches on my hand. Not so bad, really. She did great getting the shots. Didn't cry at all. I told Alyssa she could learn a thing or two from this and remember it when her next round of shots comes around. Hehehe... yea, I know. That wasn't exactly the best parenting tactic, but you have no clue as to what my morning with her had been like. At the time, I just figured it was calling things even. Back to the cat: We're only about two months out from moving, so our little miniature tiger is going to have to be in quarantine for about 50 days or so. That sucks. Bruce has tried to reassure me about the whole thing, but I just can't help but feel sad about it. Oh... I'll be fine.... it's the cat I'm worried about.

No comments:

Post a Comment