Wednesday, July 20, 2011

If only I were a millionaire

I talked to the Dr.'s office today. I'll be going in on Tuesday to see my surgeon. I hope there aren't any unforeseen issues in correcting this. It's going to include another surgery I'm sure, but it will be worth it. I just don't have the luxury of time seeing as how I've already paid for plane tickets to South Korea. Non-refundable, too. Could I possibly allow myself to hope that this could go smoothly? If it does then I just have to figure out how to arrange for more help with Alyssa. I simply can't pick her up while the muscles are healing. Since I'm running out of money for 12 hours of help a day with Alyssa, I don't really know what to do. Of all the great services available to the military and their spouses there's a huge, gaping hole in providing help to families in situations such as these.

I'm exhausted. I think I'm overdoing it a little bit, combined with the fact that Alyssa was pretty defiant today. She must realize at some level that I'm not able to do some of the things I usually can.... like swat her on the bottom if she's really acting up. But I am able to take away toys! I've already confiscated her new cell phone (an old one of Bruce's), her two pink puppies, a pair of sunglasses, and her building blocks. Once she realized Mommy wasn't playing around, and she wasn't getting them back after a few minutes, her attitude got a little better. There was one major meltdown/screaming fit today which rivaled anything in the past. She's asleep now, though, and tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment