Monday, October 10, 2011

I need a nap and some hangers.

We've been home a week already. That's one more week closer to my husband getting home! Bruce and I looked online for houses to rent in Hawaii while we were Skyping this morning. We found some nice ones, but I know that anything we really like right now probably won't be available in two months. Who knows? At least we're getting an idea of what we can get for our money.

My daughter has grown up so much in the last month. I find it amazing to watch all these changes. She's now in the toddler bed, she's speaking in complete sentences... sometimes, AND she's developing quite the demanding personality. I used to be able to put anything on TV for her, but now she knows she has options. Just today she's started going over to our movie collection and telling me what she wants to watch. This was cute til she started changing her mind every 10 minutes. She's still not over the jet-lag either! Every afternoon I go to get her up from her nap, and she's sooo tired and grumpy. This is even after sleeping two and half hours. She's still waking up around 4 in the morning, too. Ugh. I am so tired in the mornings, yet she's bright-eyed and bushy-tailed yelling "GOOD MORNING!"

I'm still working on the laundry. I managed to vaccum the downstairs yesterday. Maybe by the end of the week I'll have my house back in order. Lol.. right now my bedroom is a mess. My luggage is still on the floor with clothes in it. A couple of times I had the best intentions to get it all put away and I started by putting it all on the bed, but then got sidetracked until bedtime so I just threw it all back in the suitcase. I need hangers anyway, so why bother til I've got 'em?

My best friend is coming for a visit next week with her two daughters. Getting to hang out with her for several days is such a treat. We'll watch movies when the girls go to bed, take the girls to the park, and try some new wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment