Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grumpy, Sneezy, and Sleepy

We are sick... and bored. I'm popping Zicam like it's candy, and I've got Alyssa on some baby cough medicine. Last night she was able to sleep by herself, but the night before she had to sleep with Bruce and I. Needless to say, he and I didn't sleep too well. We both got smacked in the head and kicked in the ribs at various intervals throughout the night. She also belted out some pretty bossy demands in her sleep, too. Poor Bruce had to get up at 4:30, while Alyssa and I slept until 7:30. So last night we kept it simple and decided to stay on post for dinner. We're feeling a little better today, but I don't want to be an inconsiderate mom and expose all the kids at the park to her cold, so it's going to be a bubblebath and video day.

Today was supposed to be Bruce's early day... home around 3:15... but NOOOOOO, something of course has come up and he may not be home til six or seven. I am not happy about it. **groan** Seriously, I'm pouting. I know how the Army works, and it's not a surprise, it's just bad timing. Things keep coming up and we've not been able to do a lot of what we wanted... and I'm allowed to pout every once in a while! Anyway, pouting is better than poking someone's eye out, which is what I really want to do.

On a sidenote: I've got pain. It's radiating from under my right armpit and breast and I'm out of painkillers. I rationed those suckers out like you wouldn't believe. I actually have two left, but they are "reserve". I'm taking Aleve but it's not cutting it. I get angry when I think about it because I tried to tell my doctor and his nurses several times that something wasn't right in the area. But as I'm sure some of you can commiserate with me on this, they don't always listen. I'm stuck here without any options in seeing a doctor for the next three weeks, so what's a girl to do? OH, I know... buy some wine! YES... why didn't I think of that before??? Tsch, tsch... yes, I know that makes me sound like an alcoholic, but don't accuse me of being in denial. I completely embrace the fact that I am going to use alcohol to numb my pain. Watcha got for that? Any better ideas? (and to that nurse in Augusta who actually rolled her eyes at me when I tried to tell her about the pain several weeks ago: this bird's for you!)

That's about it for today. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel like a different dwarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment