Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Too much work and cussin' kids

Too much work can kill you, y'know. I'm not a girl that likes to take chances, either, but this morning I found myself doing way too much. I vacuumed the downstairs, did two loads of laundry, dusted, cleaned the kitchen, switched out the filter on the vacuum, cleaned all the floor mats, and even changed the tablecloth on the dining table. I'm glad it's done, but I guar-un-tee you I will be pacing myself in the future. At one point, I even thought I might be glistening... danger, danger, danger! My normal daily habits include cleaning the kitchen, doing a load of laundry, and maybe one other chore. Of course, don't think for a moment that I'm lazy. I am a perpetual picker-upper, considering I have a toddler. I'm also never laying around watching TV, except for about an hour after dinner with my husband. I just prefer to space out the drudgery. A little here, a little there... and then it never feels like it builds up. Never all in the morning, at least, never again.

I HAVE been getting lazy with dinner, though. Since my husband and I are trying to watch our fab bodies ..::cough, cough::.., it seems like we eat A LOT of plain baked chicken, plain veggies, and brown rice. Well, I switched it up last night. My computer was down, so I actually got a cookbook out to find a recipe in which to use my bay scallops. I made Creamy Herbed Pasta with Scallops. Oh.My.God. It was so good. Of course, any meal with a cream cheese-based sauce has got to be scrumptious, right? I just knew my scale was going to be a bitch to me this morning, but low and behold... I dropped half a pound! Hmmmm, it makes me think I should eat pasta with fattening sauces more often.

We have a play date this afternoon. Alyssa's little friend seems to be a good influence, but I've got my eye on her... you really have to watch out for the ones that are corrupt but hide behind their cuteness! Considering Nora doesn't smoke or drink, I think she's a winner. I have heard her cuss, though. Lol... my kind of kid. (just kidding, just kidding... she's never cussed around me)

No comments:

Post a Comment