Monday, November 1, 2010

Crying over not having to do as much laundry...

My husband has packed up most of his stuff to be shipped overseas. The transportation people are supposed to be picking it all up today, but no sign of them yet. Figures. One positive about this is he has to stay home until they show up, so I have my sweetie at home. But anyway, this morning I was doing some laundry and as I was putting it all away, I noticed how much is missing. There I was in the closet, with a big knot in my throat, trying not to cry. It's not as if he's gone... he still has several weeks before he leaves, but it is breaking my heart already. We've gone through a few separations in the past few years, but they never seem to get any easier. And, this one, being one year, is going to be the hardest. I am still holding onto a small sliver of hope that we will be able to join him overseas, though. Hey! Do what you gotta do. Right?



Even Supergirl has her moments


Trick-or-Treating was a lot of fun last night. Good company, good drinks, good food, and cute kids in costumes. Alyssa seemed to get the hang of knocking on doors and then receiving candy. One thing I'll have to work on for next year is to teach her not to run into people's houses when they open the door. Thank goodness all the people she stormed in on seemed to have a sense of humor about it.

Last night, I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I was up for almost four hours. This is the third night in a row that this has happened. I know it's just the changes ahead that I'm a little stressed about, but I surely hope it stops. I need my sleep! At least with my husband home today I have a little help keeping Alyssa entertained. The windows are open, bringing in a nice cool breeze, too.... so, it's just a calm relaxing day. I'm going to enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. The lack of laundry always seems to be the heartbreaker point. It always makes me sad too.

    ReplyDelete