Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'll be drinking Blood Margaritas...

I was up at 6:30 this morning with Alyssa. It's my husband's turn to sleep in, so up I was with a grumpy little toddler. She's been yelling at me when she wakes up in the morning, lately. I swear if I could understand her, I'd do whatever was needed to make it stop. But, I have no clue what she's trying to say when she points that finger at me and barks out her orders. Oh well... I have NO idea where she could get the bossiness from.

I'm off to Kohl's this morning. I've got my 15% off coupon and they've got an "extra extra savings sale" going on. Who in their right mind, with $15 bucks, would pass that up? Then I'm going to swing into Target. The past few days have included a bit of shopping. We went to Aldi yesterday. I just love that place. Spend $100 there and it's like spending $200 at Wal Mart. OH, and on Friday I went into Food Lion. Bought $42 worth of stuff, and paid $18 after coupons. Whoo-hooo!

So, tonight will be Alyssa's first adventure with Trick-or-Treating. I'm so excited! My little Supergirl is going to be knocking on doors and yelling "BOO" at people. At least, I hope so.  After she saw me put on a black bird mask the other day, I'm a little worried what she's going to think when she sees the other kid's costumes. Her poor little heart just stopped. I could tell when she jumped backwards, gasped, and looked as if she couldn't decide if she should scream or run, or both. Poor thing. And, am I evil since I found it hilarious? Nevermind, don't answer that.

We're going to a friend's house before trick-or-treating to have a couple of drinks. Gotta get warmed up for an evening when Alyssa will be staying up way past her bedtime, y'know. My friend has already told me about the Blood Margaritas she's going to make. Never had one of those... I may just have to have two to form an opinion. The good thing about it is that they live just across the street, so we won't have to worry about driving. Then we're going to go through the neighborhood, with our girls, to rack up some major candy. I bought several bags of candy a couple of weeks ago, thinking we'd take Alyssa out for a little while and then come home to give out candy. As much as I joke about eating all her candy, I really don't want any of it in the house. I guess I could just put it all in a bowl on the front porch. I'm sure the first kid to come by our house will appreciate it.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment