Monday, October 18, 2010

Where to start?

Well, let's see. I guess I could introduce myself with a few current facts.
I'm in my thirties. I'm married to an incredible man who is also a Staff Sergeant in the US Army. We have a daughter, named Alyssa, who is 22 months old. She's amazingly brilliant, even though she can't control her bodily functions and has yet to put two different words together. It'll happen. There is a domesticated miniature tiger who runs around our home. We call her Ginger. As long as she is fed and watered, we're safe.

Currently, we're living in GA. Of course, being a military family, that will change sooner rather than later. The Army has decided that my husband will be leaving for Korea soon. I thought we'd all be going together, but.... no Kimchi for me. Oh well, I'm heartbroken, but I just gotta rub some dirt in it, as they say. It will be a year apart, but I'm not worried about him. Made him sign some contracts in blood and threatened to set his ass on fire if he does anything. By 'anything', I mean anything stupid with someone else. It's my issue, not his. He's a really good man, but I'm of the frame of mind "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone's NOT out to get you". I guess here is a good spot to interject that I am a confident, well-adjusted, brilliant, sexy, and quite humble gal. I'm just smart enough to realize that I have a real gold nugget of a guy, and I'm not going to let him get away. So, anyway, time is creeping up on us and we're trying to get the important things done before he leaves. Like... buy a gun. Whooo hooo, I can't wait. On our anniversary he took me to a firing range and I found out that I am particularly competent with a 9mm. Ah, that was a night. But, I digress....in order to get the gun, I've got to get a license. Which means I have to get an actual GA driver's license to do that. Whoops! I guess I let that one slip for the last two years we've been here. It's amazing all the little things that have to be done to be prepared for something like this. I mean, down to getting a peep-hole for the front door! Which reminds me, I don't have that on the list. And so the list grows...

Well, that's about it for me today. I'm going to get fodder for the next entry. See y'all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment