Thursday, October 21, 2010

On a side note...

Today, I have had a couple of conversations that made me think about life and death. So many times, we take for granted the people we have in our lives. Whether it be our children, spouse, parents, siblings, or friends... they can be taken away in an instant. Of course, these life moments are never planned. They come on unexpectedly, with great shock.
Bruce and I were having to discuss what would happen to Alyssa if, tragically, something happened to us. I realized that this must be something all parents worry about. But then, I began thinking about my parents. Those thoughts made me feel like I was a kid again, waking from a bad dream. My point is: treat those you love better than you treat the acquaintances in your life. Don't pass up the opportunity to make a phone call to say "Hello, just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you".
Also, make sure the ones you keep close are the ones that deserve to be kept close. Are they bringing anything to the table? And by that I mean, are they contributing to your happiness and well-being? Do they think of you first, or as an after-thought? If not... kick their ass to the curb. There's someone out there to take their place, and do it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment