Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Can I get a breeze here, please?

Whew... almost 85 degrees where I am, and it's so humid, too. It's just hard to believe that November is a few days away and this is the weather we're having. Hopefully, it'll cool down so that I can open all the windows again. There's nothing like cool, fresh air going through the house, with the curtains billowing out, catching all the smells from outside wafting through. It's just heaven. The only drawback to this is the amount of dust that comes into the house. It's as if the dust fairy comes in with the breeze, waves her wand, and *Poof*... dust everywhere. Looks like I haven't dusted in a month. This is a problem. You see, I have standards... and these standards dictate that I do not dust more than once every two weeks. It keeps me from becoming obsessive/compulsive. Not that I have any history of this, but you can never be too careful.

I'm picking up my Jeep from the dealership this afternoon. I really hope these are the last of any repairs that will be needed for a long time because I've got other things I need to spend my money on.... like plane tickets to Korea. Thinking of Korea reminds me: we just watched the F1 Gran Prix, which was in Yeongam, Korea. This was the inaugural race for this track. Amazing race. Wet track, plenty of crashes, and it really shook up the leader board for the projected driver's championship. Oh, how I wish Alyssa and I were going with Bruce. If we were, then we'd be within reasonable traveling distance to six races. I guess I'll just have to hold on to the memory of Indianapolis '06. Now, that was, so incredibly, one of those instances of being in the right place at the right time. I may just write about that experience tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment