Sunday, December 12, 2010

My weekend on steriods (The weekend, not me)

Let's see... where did I leave off? Oh, I remember now... I was having a moment of positivity. Yeah, well, that passed. If what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, then I'm on steroids. Friday started out good, but took a turn for the worse in the afternoon. That morning, my friend came over for coffee and our daughters played. That afternoon was supposed to be the closing on our house. We decided to refinance (back in September) since the rate was so good. Everything was done on our part for a while. But USAA seemed to suffering from mini failures in getting their stuff done. They ran me up the wall on Friday. Kept changing the times, kept changing the info... and my most favorite part... they assigned an attorney who was a "Class A" BITCH. This twit thought it was acceptable to begin yelling at me on the phone. She was supposed to be at my home at 4:30.... (this is the short version of the story), rescheduled, then called to tell me she might be here by 8pm. Might. 8PM. I dont' mind accommodating someone else's schedule, but I do mind someone taking an unprofessional attitude with me. OMG... I'm still mad about it, too! I was Skyping with Bruce when she called, so he heard everything on my end of the conversation. I was cool. She was not. I'm just not in the mood to go into it though. I'll just leave it at this: The closing didn't happen.

Friday night was fun, though. My friend across the street came over for a glass of wine, and then my friend from Atlanta arrived. More wine was poured. And then some more. We laughed, all talked simultaneously, drank some more, and repeated it all over. At some point, honey whiskey was poured. Thank god I only sipped it. I finally called it a night at 2am because I was going to Skype with Bruce at 6am. I didn't feel so cute when the alarm went off, but I was happy to be able to chat with him. Alyssa and I had a lazy afternoon together, but then she started grunting in a weird way. I'm so tired, I'm not going into the whole thing, but long story short, I decided to take her to the ER to have it checked. First time in ER with her. She's never sick. It all went OK, and I'm still glad I took her in. I didn't want to wait until Monday to have her checked. Well, we got home from the ER and I finally got her into bed at 10:30. Then, as exhausted as I was, I could NOT fall asleep. I heard every little noise in the house. So, I ended up cleaning half my bathroom and trying to read a book that I couldn't concentrate on. I'll be taking a nap today, no doubt. That's it.... that's all she wrote... then she scribbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment