Friday, December 24, 2010

No Grinches here.

Two years ago, today, I thought I had gas. Yep... gas. Oh, how my stomach hurt. I was eating antacids, massaging my tummy, and even resorted to rolling my stomach around on the big exercise ball. All to no avail. It was Christmas Eve. Isn't there some unwritten rule that you're not allowed to be sick or feel bad right at Christmas? Well, everything was hurting. My hips, my back, my big extended belly, and if I remember correctly... even my big toe hurt. Turns out, it wasn't gas. After hours of increasing 'gas pains', I realized I was in labor. It took a little convincing for Bruce. He was trying to tell me it was just Braxton Hicks. HA. He came very close to having his eyeball poked out. So, anyway, we made the trip up to the hospital (which is a very funny story within itself, but for another time). When we got there, they laughed and told me I was not ready. They said to "just go home and it might take two more days". TWO MORE DAYS? It was when I heard these words that I changed my mind. I wasn't 'even in da mood' for two days of that. What choice did I have though?

They were sweet enough to give me a morphine shot to dull the pain before they sent me home... which made me horribly sick. We came home, and while I writhed around and moaned in our bed every two to four minutes, Bruce peacefully slept beside me. After about two and half hours, I was yelling from the bathroom (in between uncontrollable moaning ) that I didn't give a damn what that nurse said TAKE ME BACK TO THE HOSPITAL! By the time we got back to the hospital, the nurses seemed to be rather surprised that I had moved along so quickly. Then I met the anesthesiologist. Bless his heart. That man had to leave his family on Christmas morning to come give me an epidural. There will always be a special place in my heart for him. Anyone who can relieve severe pain such as that so quickly deserves that much.

So, the 8.6 pound little girl I had that day will be two tomorrow. As if Christmas isn't wonderful enough, it will now always mean so much more to me. We are celebrating with Bruce, and other family members, via Skype tomorrow. I wish we were all together, but it is what it is. I've got a cute cake, chocolate ice cream, a banner, matching birthday plates and napkins, and lots of presents for both her birthday and Christmas. We are currently watching as many animated Christmas movies as we can cram into today and tomorrow. If you're going to do it, do it right!

I'd like to send birthday wishes to two of my other friends whose birthdays fall so close to Christmas.
Kim: you are the best friend anyone could ever, ever ask for. After almost 22 years of friendship, I have some of the most amazing memories. Thanks! I hope the 28th is a fabulous day for you.
Judi: I hope your birthday yesterday was wonderful. I'm so glad I happened to meet you that day in Indianapolis. You are such an amazing woman and I can't wait until we get together again. Even though we don't talk very frequently, you've had a big impact on my life. Also, thank you for putting Alyssa's name on your birthday cake. You are too sweet.

The wrapping of gifts, and consuming of wine, did not happen last night. I'll be doing that tonight.

OH! and one more awesome thing: I've hit one of my weight goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On to the last 10 pounds!! Oh yeah, oh yeah, uh huh, uh huh! ..::shaking smaller booty::.. oh yeah, oh yeah, uh huh, uh huh!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment