Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snow flakes and sneezes

It's snowing here! Not much is sticking, but it's beautiful to watch. Alyssa's getting a kick out of it, too, and keeps saying " No? "... which if you're wearing your decoder ring, that means "snow".

We had a lot of fun yesterday. We skyped with Bruce in the morning while we opened her Christmas gifts. Then we skyped later last night and celebrated her birthday. She loved the pizza for dinner, and the chocolate cake was a big hit.

I'm still sick. When I woke up yesterday, it was bad. Today is not much better, but I'm taking some medicine for it. It doesn't seem to be helping with the constant sneezing, though. When I put Alyssa down for her nap today, I just climbed into bed to sleep. I was able to sleep about an hour, which is better than nothing, but this is one of those times that I really miss having Bruce here. If he were here, he would play with Alyssa and let me rest. Oh well, this cold will pass. I mean really, how long can it stick around??? All I can do is wait til I put her to bed and then draw a really hot bath to soak in. This is a new habit since Bruce has been gone, and I love it. It's sad in a way that it took him going away for me to lose weight and take better care of myself and my skin, but I keep reminding myself just how fabulous I will be the next time he sees me in person! Not to say I lacked fabulousness before, mind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment