Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

I have been so busy this week that I haven't had time to write. I have done almost every project on my to do list. Of the few that I have left to accomplish, painting is next. I bought some Kilnz yesterday to primer the baseboards in my bathroom. We had a leak about a year ago, and there are some water stains that I don't think just paint alone will cover. That'll probably take about two hours. Then on to doing the touch up paint throughout the whole house, which is a project that can only be started once Alyssa is in bed.

I mailed two care packages off to Bruce on the 22nd, and just got one of them back. I'm just sick about it. He says the address is correct, so I'm going back to the Post Office to find out the deal. It's about $15 a pop to mail a package, so if it comes back, that's just $15 gone for nothin'. I don't like that one bit.

I'm gettin' my hair did today!!!!  I'm about three weeks overdue according to my roots, and I can not wait!!! Between my new hair soon, and the fact that I've lost almost 15 pounds already, I'm feeling like a new person. My jeans that fit before I had Alyssa fit again. As a matter of fact, they even have some "eatin' room" in them. Oh! I recognize that girl in the mirror! She's been gone a while, but she's back, now. Since I have reached my first weight goal (which I thought would be impossible), I'm completely ready to go on to my next goal of 11 more pounds. That's it! It's my last goal... I'll be 140lbs, 5'8", and a size 4 or 6.

Tonight's New Years! It's the anniversary of the night that Bruce and I met. If there is one day in my life that determined the path that I'm on now, it's that night. Initially, I wasn't even going to go out that night. My buddy, Jesse, had invited me to go out to the Hard Rock Cafe in Baltimore, twice, but I said "No" both times. The third time he asked, he said "I know you... you're not doing anything but sitting around in your apartment. You need to get out and have some fun. Come with us!" So, I caved and showed up at his house around 7. Bruce was there when I got there. We took a limo into Baltimore and I found myself chatting about String Theory and Stephen Hawking with him, drinking the punch...lol, and being the only ones on the dance floor. It will always be a night I remember and laugh about. Fast forward several years, and here we are. Well, technically he's in South Korea and I'm here, but you know what I mean. I wouldn't trade him for the world, either. I can't believe how time has gone by so quickly with him. I guess the old saying of "Time flies when you're having fun" can apply to years, and not just days.

Well, tonight is going to be very low key here. I still have to get up with the two year old in the morning, so the only excitement here will be me watching a Nora Roberts movie on Lifetime that I recorded a few days ago. See you all in 2011! Please be safe, have a designated driver, and remember: there is no shame sleeping on someone's floor if you don't have a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment