Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lick a pig, hug a swine... some of them are good friends of mine.

I thought my "afternoon" project would be finished by last night, but it snowballed into 10 projects. Now I need some painkillers and a third wind. It's all going to be worth it, though! I have six different herbs planted, the tree in our front patch of grass is mulched, and several pots of flowers are done. I only have six big planters to fill with palms, ferns, and a cane tree. When Alyssa napped, I also mowed the front and the backyard and even weedeated. Is that even a word? It seems like it should be "weedate", but then that sounds like a date for toddlers... which is a whole different topic. Moving on.

I straightened up our garage, too. Enough so that the trash can is completely full! YAY! No one mention this to my husband or he may get worried that I threw some important stuff out.... which I probably did, but in the heat of the moment I just didn't care. I mean, really... how important could stuff be if it's been sitting in a box for two and half years, untouched, and neglected? I threw out a computer. The whole thing. Yep, I know you're not supposed to do that, but there's no room in the back of my Jeep now that I've got two microwaves to take to the recycling center. Oh, and the computer was one that my ex-husband owned.. so... ::evil laugh::.. who cares? It was bad, bad energy.

Alyssa and I took a break at one point, and stopped over at my neighbor's across the street. She just had surgery a few days ago and I wanted to check on her. So, we barge on in, Alyssa begins screaming at her dogs, and she rolls with it like it happens everyday. She's got a daughter, Michele, who is my age and has two of the cutest kids. Now that I'm getting to know her, I'm beginning to think we were related or friends in a past life. Well, she showed up while we were there and made me eat some "Pig Lickin' Cake". Let me tell you, I would lick a pig to get another piece of that stuff. ..::oink oink::.. To top it off, they gave me two beautiful chimes and lovely birthday cards, one of which was from Alyssa. They picked these out last week when I went to a Dr's appt and Alyssa hung out with them. I sat at that table with the stupidest grin, fighting tears, and thinking how lucky I am to have such sweet neighbors. Honestly, it just made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment