Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dates, desserts, and the undeserving

Tonight is Date Night! I'm wearing my other new dress, which Bruce hasn't seen yet, sky high heels, and I'm very excited. I just made reservations at a posh little restaurant downtown, which has received many awards for their desserts, and has also been featured on Paula Deen. That's a legitimate endorsement in my book. I decided to skip lunch once I got a peek at the dessert menu... all two pages of it!

We've been having a wonderful time together since he's been home. It's tragic that time seems to evaporate, though. It honestly doesn't feel like he's been home for a week and a half. At least it will be one more month down, and closer to the trip Alyssa and I plan on taking to visit him. Then we'll be in the home stretch! Whew... I'll be a happy woman when this year is finished.

As if I don't brag about my husband enough, let me just go on about him a little more.... Since he's been home I've been able to sleep in almost every single morning. The only thing about that is when I religiously get up between 5 and 5:30, sleeping until 6:30 is as late as I can manage. That's OK, though. I want to spend as much time with him as possible. He's also been giving her her baths, putting her down for bed at night, and doing all sorts of random sweet things. I know I'm a lucky girl, and I never take it for granted.


I've got this thing stuck in my brain and I'm going to get it out here. It's not all sweet and fuzzy, so if you're not in the mood for a little rant, just do yourself a favor and close the page now.

I know this woman who is amazing. We've been friends for awhile. She's very intelligent, hard-working, sometimes quite wild, and pretty cute to boot. She's been tested over the last year and a half... kind of in the way that I was several years ago. I've been thinking about her situation, and how we have to endure some pretty crappy people sometimes. Why is it that some people so clearly self-sabotage any chance of happiness that is offered to them? Is it that they have some warped sense of entitlement? Something that makes them think that those close to them are simply there at their disposal to treat badly? Or are they just stupid? I'm not going anywhere in particular with this train of thought, except maybe with the egotistical hope that if he reads this, he'll get an idea of what I think of him. So, here goes: I think you are a sorry excuse for a man. No respect for you, whatsoever. You are a selfish, egotistical, annoying person. One who wouldn't even begin to know what a good woman was even when you had her. Sadly for you, (deservedly so) you will never be happy because your brain is already warped to think you're behavior is normal or acceptable. That should be punishment enough for what you've put my friend through. She'll get over this, that I have no doubt about. You though... you're going to be stuck with yourself for much longer. Oh, and here's a warning to you... don't let your over-inflated, undeserved ego allow you to think you could ever threaten the loyalty of her family and friends. In other words, or rather simpler ones that you may be able to understand: We've all had enough of you. You better stay out of our line of sight. Y'know that saying "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Even now, your actions are ones that I'm sure you don't want others knowing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment