Sunday, June 12, 2011

Out on the town

Last night was a great date! We stayed out until MIDNIGHT! Dinner at Bollweevil's Cafe and Sweetery was delicious. We tried their fried green tomatoes, I had a tomato and green apple soup, both of us had the Sirloin (it seems we always want the same thing), and although the desserts were humongous we both ordered one. He picked the blueberry cheesecake and I went for the foot-tall red velvet cake. We actually had to get a to-go box for what was left of the desserts.

After dinner we decided to find some live music downtown but it was dead. I don't know if it's the economy or the town, but I was really surprised. At 9:00 at night I thought we'd see people everywhere downtown, but there weren't. I know things don't pick up til 10/11pm, but I really expected to see more people out on a warm night downtown. So anyway, we went to The Country Club. Not the pretentious kind, but the country music kind. The band was great, but the crowd was pitiful. The place was full, but I'll tell ya.... I've been in bars 1/4 the size that were 10 times louder. No one clapped and the only time anyone danced was in between sets when they played the electric slide. I clapped, of course, but I'm not scared of looking like a dork.

My sweet neighbor babysat Alyssa for us. I'm trying to figure out a good gift to get her. She told me she'd babysit anytime while Bruce was home, so I foresee a few more dates in our near future. I don't know what we'll do next time, but dinner and music is always a good fallback plan.

We're both so tired today. All of us are going to be taking a nap soon. Then off for some errands this afternoon. It's been a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment