Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tutu Tuesday

I've gained five pounds since Bruce has been home. No wonder, too. I've been eating cheesecake, steak and lots of bread, among other things. I'm trying not to obsess about it, and just enjoy his visit. I keep telling myself "Relax, you were lookin' bony anyway".... but that dress! I want to wear it again before he leaves, so I guess I'll have to be a little more conscientious of what I put in my mouth. I just can't help it when he's around, though. I'm so happy.... and hungry.

I did not sleep in this morning. Last night Bruce looked at me and said "You know what I'm going to do for you?" I knew from his expression that it wasn't something he was going to do for "me", but rather something that he wanted me to do but was only phrasing it as if he was doing me a favor. I pouted just a minute, but since he's always so sweet I gave in. He's still sleeping, too. I have this incredible urge to go upstairs, throw open the door, jump on the bed and yell "RISE AND SHINE!!!", but I have to fight the feeling. I imagine he would return the favor.

We had a fun day yesterday. After Alyssa's nap, Bruce filled her little pool and I put her in her tutu bathing suit.

 She kept tapping the top of her head for more every time I stopped spraying.

 Yes, I know I take up 75% of the pool.

 Alyssa ~ the wet ballerina.

Bruce threatening me with a pink elephant.

After pool time, we got the bubbles out. It was all fun and bubbles til I broke her bubble wand. Thank goodness she'd already been playing with it for a good 30 minutes. By the time I swung the wand in a big circle, only to snap off the handle, she was pretty much bored with it.

Not a whole lot on the agenda today. Just go to the store for some groceries. Oh, and get a night-light for Alyssa. We had a hard time at bedtime last night, and I think she may be scared of the dark. I came to this conclusion because she has a little music machine/projector attached to her crib and the batteries were too low for the projector last night. When I thought about it, I realized she always rolls onto her stomach when we say goodnight, so she's not even watching it anyway. It must just be for the extra light. It's worth a shot to try the night-light. After going back up to her room several times, we decided to let her cry it out. It lasted for about 30 minutes. Arghhhhh, that kills me. Bruce is completely impervious to it, but it gets to me. It wasn't just a little crying... more like screaming as if someone where ripping her Piglet limb from limb. Bless her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment